Alfredo Morelos has apparently rejected an offer to join a club in Qatar.
Since moving to Ibrox from HJK Helsinki three years ago he has been subjected to a Dembele style move by various elements of the Scottish media without a concrete offer being put on the table.
A mystery club in China were reported to be keen on Morelos in January 2018 until Internet Bampots discovered that the mystery club already had four foreign players for three places in their side while the Chinese Government had slapped a 100% tax on transfers over £5m.
With seven red cards over an 18 month period and one goal in 2020 there is zero interest in Morelos who is apparently the top asset at Ibrox as Douglas Park tries to make ends meet and stop Celtic achieving 10-in-a-row.
Picking up on today’s mystery move The Sun reports:
Alfredo Morelos has turned down the chance to move to wealthy Qatari outfit Al Duhail, according to reports.
We told you how the club’s prolific striker was believed to be under consideration by the big-spending leaders of the Qatar Stars League – who already have former Juventus stars Mario Mandzkukic and Mehdi Benatia on their books.
But now the Daily Mail reports that that the 23-year-old has no interest in the potential move. He said recently that he was content to stay in Glasgow – where he is under contract until 2023.
It is thought only a move to one of the bigger leagues in Europe is capable of prising him away from the Ibrox side. Rangers are looking for a fee in excess of £15million for the player – who is also thought to be interesting Rennes and has previously been the subject of approaches from Bordeaux and Dynamo Kyiv.
While under contract Morelos shouldn’t be in a position to accept or reject an offer before he is given permission from his club.
Today’s transfer tale seems familiar to one from Sky Sports 11 months ago which claimed that the striker had turned down £192,000 TAX FREE for three years!
Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos has turned down a lucrative £30m contract offer from Chinese Super League club Hebei China Fortune, Sky Sports News understands.
The three-year deal would have seen the Colombian earn £10m-a-year before tax.
Sky Sports News understands Hebei were willing to match Rangers’ valuation of the striker, believed to be in excess of £15m, although no official bid was received.
Morelos has attracted interest from a number of German, Italian and Premier League clubs this summer. The 23-year-old signed a new deal in March until 2023.
Morelos is currently nursing a mystery injury.
A YEAR OLD BUT A TIMELESS TEMPLATE £192,000 TAX FREE, PER WEEK, THREE YEAR DEAL
— Joe McHugh (@videocelts) June 30, 2020