Ange Postecoglou has denied that a deal has already been struck for Celtic to sign Reo Hatate from Kawasaki Frontale.
A couple of reports from Japan have claimed that a move is close to completion with progress also being made towards signing Daizen Maeda and Yosuke Ideguchi.
With the J-League in its close season negotiations are less complex with Hatate out of contract on February 1.
It seems highly unlikely that the 24-year-old will play again for Kawasaki Frontale with just a token fee to be arranged between the clubs to release Hatate a month earlier.
The Daily Record reports:
Celtic have eyes firmly on the Asian market with Japanese media claiming a deal has already been struck for Kawasaki Frontale ace Reo Hatate.
But Postecoglou said: “The situation with our transfers is that it is constant and we are working through them. Nothing is done yet. As I’ve always said, we live in unusual times when things aren’t straightforward. There are delays in areas.
“We haven’t concluded any deals yet, but we are working really hard to make sure we have deals in place early in the window so the ones we want to join us can do so early in the piece.
“We are working through things. Nothing has been confirmed or done. If I said a deal had been done, I could be proved a liar in a day’s time because something happened.”
Over the last two months Postecoglou has spoken very confidently about his January plans with an emphasis on getting business completed as early as possible.
Celtic have no fixtures between January 2 and 22 which provides the perfect opportunity for new signings to bed in and get their fitness upto the levels required by their new manager.
CLICK HERE for Hatate transfermarkt profile.