Quantcast
Latest News

Celtic are confident- ITK reporter delivers striker update

|
Image for Celtic are confident- ITK reporter delivers striker update

Celtic are reported to be confident of signing Adam Idah on a permanent basis according to Scott Burns of the Daily Record.

Last week it was claimed that Norwich rejected a bid for the striker but it seems that the Irishman remains a target with no suggestion of looking at alternative striking options.

Less than four weeks before the SPFL season kicks off Celtic haven’t made a single signing, with a match against DC United on July 21 followed quickly be friendlies against Manchester City and Chelsea fans will be expecting deals to be completed before the squad flies out to the USA.

Burns has a decent track record when it comes to transfer business, in the Daily Record he summarises activity as:

Celtic are confident of sealing the permanent transfer of Idah from Norwich City and remain in talks with Benfica over the signing of Bernardo. Sparta Prague keeper Peter Vindahl Jensen remains amongst the goalkeeping options while Celtic have also made an approach for Burnley defender Dara O’Shea. So far, though, all the transfer activity has been through the exit door of the Scottish champions.

How many signings will Celtic make in time for SPFL starter on August 4?

None, it will be in the final few weeks

None, it will be in the final few weeks

One signing

One signing

Two signings

Two signings

Four or more

Four or more

His report goes on to focus on the dozen or so players that could be moving on including James McCarthy and Liam Shaw, both of whom never played a minute under Brendan Rodgers last season.

After drawing 1-1 at Ayr United on Friday Celtic face Queens Park on Wednesday, almost certainly with the same squad with any new signing likely to have their fitness assessed in training before they are put into action.

As well as McCarthy and Shaw the futures of Ben Siegrist, Maik Nawrocki, Gus Lagerbielke, Oh Hyeon-gyu, Yuki Kobayashi, Kwon Hyeok-kyu, Daniel Kelly, Luis Palma and Nicolas Kuhn.

Videocelts Extension Button

Share this article

Online and independent- the only way to be. Enjoying instant news access and reaction, following the trends if not an influencer!

0 comments

  • Graham brockie says:

    Understand you want to get the right players but it seems the penny pinchers are at it again trying to get players on the cheap we’ve got the champions league and the league opener not to mention ‘rangers# on week four get your fingers out off yer arses and sign some players not to mention a keeper hh???

  • Terence Nova says:

    I’ve long been a critic of our ” signing policy” and I’m not on here to defend it in any way…but here’s what I’ve been told…There’s been much activity in trying to move players on as BR has been told the squad is too big…and will impact on new signings being brought in…There are also new CL Rules to contend with…But , for once, I have faith in BR being in control of this and doing the best he can..Hail hail.

    • Jim M says:

      Lawwells projects, always meddling, he brought them in he should have to clean up his mismanagement

  • Johnno says:

    This summer always stood to be potentially the busiest within our history imo?
    Between trying to offload players who won’t feature within the plans of Rodgers, along with the amount of incoming players he still requires, and that’s without knowing how we intend to use the loan system, regarding weather players will be loaned out for development purposes or to putting them in the shop window?
    So we could be tied up with as many as 20 players involved in the process, and that’s without ones we fail in bringing into the club?
    With potentially that amount of work going on in the background, what sort of team is actually in place, to handle such an amount of work that’s required?
    Of course such a current situation is of our own making, with putting a stock piling of players at our disposal?
    So now we find ourselves in a calamity in trying to resolve such a mess created, especially with the amount of lost money it has been costing the club also?
    Actually think that far to much work has been created to expect it to be totally resolved over this summer window imo?
    The wage budget needs to be drastically reduced, to bring in the quality signings required?
    Yet easier said than done, with possibly so many on bigger contracts at present than other potential clubs are willing to match?
    Of course we could possibly buy up many of these potential contracts, in order to get the club back on a better footing in footballing terms, with a wage budget been spent far more productively than it is at present imo?
    Yet would shareholders stand for such an action, should it be taken for the good of the club, and putting the wrongs of the past right now?
    Can’t ever see such an approach taking place all the while a lawwell is involved within our club imo?
    So the longer the delays continue within the work that’s required within the footballing department of the club still?
    The questions are going to continue and the anger increasing as to whether CELTIC is going to be regarded as a strong business in footballing circles, at a cost to where the footballing department should be heading for imo?
    At this current moment in time, it looks a long way away from achieving both imo?

    • Jim M says:

      Lawwells to blame for the project players, some cheek .

    • Terence Nova says:

      Hard to disagree with some of the points you’ve made…But my biggest gripe is…Who the feck decided that some of the players we have should have been signed in the first place..?? I can spot a good player and a duffer a mile off…Pisses me right off.

  • Jim M says:

    Miovski should have been the first signing,
    Idah and Bernardo have already been in the squad previously, not new signings if they return.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *