Celtic are backing a campaign by FIFA and the World Health Organisation to combat Coronavirus.
Over the last week football has come to a sudden halt due to the virus with no sign of a resumption with much of Europe in lock-down with borders closed.
Celtic trained on Friday at Lennoxtown ahead of the Glasgow derby but by the time the session ended the match was off with no sign of it being rescheduled alongwith seven other SPFL matches and a Scottish Cup semi-final.
As well as fans thousands of footballers who trained on a daily basis have been left in limbo without their daily routines of preparing for matches, tactical work and recovery sessions.
In other circumstances players would be jumping on planes to Dubai and Vegas but in these far from normal times Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger have been sharing their medical opinion on how to keep the impact of Coronavirus to a minimum.
Introducing the joint statement Celtic said:
FIFA has reiterated its support to the World Health Organisation (WHO) in fighting the coronavirus (COVID-19) by launching an awareness campaign led by six world-renowned coaches, who request everyone across the world to follow five key tactics that tackle the spread of the disease.
Include in the WHO/FIFA statement:
Wenger said: “We all know that the situation with the Coronavirus is a serious one, and we need to put health first.”
Former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino added: “Please wash your hands frequently. If possible, with an alcohol based hard solution.”
His successor at Spurs, Jose Mourinho said: “In terms of social interactions take a step back. Stay one metre distance minimum from everyone that coughs or sneezes.”
UEFA are expected to provide an update on their competitions later today.